Friday, March 8, 2013

Week Three










This week for my concentration series I went to a vet clinic. I took pictures of animals that were injured, and some that didn't have any owners. At first I was only going to do portrait shots, but then I wanted to show the environment that some animals are held captive in. So I decided to do a diptych with two of my images. I feel that with the diptych it shows a much stronger picture and also more of a story. Another change that I made this week was that I kept some pictures in color instead of having them in value and contrast. It showed more of a trapped mood because you can see the colors and they give off a I'm-in-jail-help-me feeling and low saturation. Overall I think these are some of my best pictures.

4 comments:

  1. Oh! These are sad! But what you are showing is that animal cruelty is bad, and how long and hard these animals have to suffer. I wish I could adopt them all! Nice pictures, by the way. They really make you connect with the animals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have several strong images I would definitely use in your final concentration. The diptych with the cages is very effective. You can start your series with a couple of your close up portraits, then work with diptychs. Looking forward to the detail shots we've talked about like the leashes and interior spaces of trapped areas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this set of pictures. They really define your concentration series and they look really sad! It also kind of makes me sad to look at them. You have some really strong pictures, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These photos are so sad and depressing! Yet, they are beautifully taken. What's really cool about these is that I'm singing Sarah McLoughlin songs while looking at these pictures. Is that weird? Anyways, great job Nancy.

    ReplyDelete